Wednesday, November 18, 2009

In class blog prompt- research and writing process

I learned from the research and writing process is that you need to plan everything and be well prepared as soon as the assignment is given to you. If everything is done at the latest moment possible you will be stressed and your paper will not be done correctly. The longest paper I ever wrote was about six pages, this research paper was eight pages so I knew it would be difficult and long. One of the things I did to help me write my research paper was to make sure my topic was that I liked and was not difficult to write about. This helped me because I can write more and when it is a topic that I am interested in and enjoy. Another thing I did to help me in my research paper was doing at least one page or a paragraph a day so I would not be stressed at the last moment. It really helped me concentrate and feel unstressed knowing that I had a lot of my research paper done before the due date. Also I made sure I was well prepared. I made sure when I checked out a book and read an internet article that they were going to be helpful sources in my research paper. I really read the articles and books and took notes to make sure the facts that they had for going to be helpful in my paper. Little things such as taking notes doesn’t seem like much but it makes the process of writing your research paper much easier then skimming the book for facts and writing them down as you are doing your paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment